Concert Band Policies
1. Students must participate in rehearsals and ALL performances.
NOTE: Each mandatory concert performance is worth 35% of the student's quarterly grade. Additional mandatory performances are worth 20% of the student's quarterly grade.2. Students must attend mandatory performances if they are present in school that day.
3. Students will only be excused from mandatory performances in extreme situations; i.e. severe illness (doctor's note required) or death in the family. Vacation, work, medical appointments and other personal commitments are NOT viable excuses. Let your employer know of your music commitments IMMEDIATELY.
4. Students must regularly attend weekly in-school lessons.
5. Make-up lessons will be offered on scheduled dates after school.
Winter Concert - Tuesday, December 19 @ 7:30 p.m.
Pops Concert - Thursday, February 15 @ 7:30 p.m.
Spring Concert - Wednesday, May 23 @ 7:30 p.m.
High School Graduation - Friday, June 22
It's important to look like performers. Many concertgoers listen with their eyes, therefore the following concert attire is required:
Ladies - All black; i.e. black shirt (below the knees) and black blouse, black slacks and black blouse, or black dress
Gentlemen - Black pants with a long-sleeve, white, collared shirt and tie
All - Black shoes
- Be inside the classroom doors with necessary material when the bell rings
- Do not chew gum, drink, or eat in the classroom
- You are responsible for your music. It should be kept in your folder, neat and unrolled
- Always listen closely to directions the first time
In keeping with district disciplinary policy, poor student behavior will result in a verbal warning and student conference for the first occurrence, a phone call to parents the second, a principal's detention for the third, and possible removal from the band if the problem cannot be resolved.